Before recruiting help to develop your buyer personas, make sure you’ve covered these 6 important traits of your target market
Buyer personas are a critical part of any successful marketing strategy. Remember, these outlines are not merely descriptions of your buyers. They identify the demographics, behavior patterns, motivations, and goals of your target market. If you’re struggling to develop your buyer personas, and your budget is tight, make sure you’ve covered these 6 traits before recruiting professional help.
- Demographic information – This encompasses a lot of categories. List specifics about:
- Marital status
- Household income
- Geographic location
- Family size
These bits of information will help you determine the rest of the traits that make up their profiles.
- Daily life – this is where you really start to understand your buyers beyond checkboxes on a survey form. You get a feel for what problems/struggles they encounter, the people they interact with, the things they see every day, their choice of entertainment, their car, their TV habits… Take a walk through an entire day with your buyer in mind. Ask yourself what they are doing, how they are doing it, what they do it with, and who is with them when they do it.
- Identify real and perceived problems – Your service or product likely solves a problem for your buyers. However, pain points differ. The pain point for a first-time car buyer might be feeling overwhelmed by the loan process, whereas the pain point for a retiree buying a car might be lack of personal attention. What problems, real or perceived, do your specific buyers encounter?
- Buyer goals and values – You can get a partial picture of what your buyers value when you identify their pain points. The goals and values you want to consider are those that would make a person very excited or extremely relieved to buy your product.
- Information channels – Where do your buyers go to get their information? Market there. How do they prefer to consume the information – in person, online, tactically? Use the right medium. Who do they trust as resources? These are the channels where you want to establish credibility.
- Objections – Arm yourself with responses to all the reasons your buyer has to refuse your service. If you provide a quality product or service that will solve a problem for them and fill a need, uncover their objections and face them head-on.
Did you decide on promotional materials for your buyer persona? Vinyl Art makes custom and standard card holders, flexible packaging, and presentation materials. We will craft your item to fit your brand at a price that’s competitive with offshore companies. Call us at 800-569-1304 or email email@example.com