After two years of pandemic-plagued holiday seasons, the 2022 holiday sales outlook is solid, especially for brick-and-motor locations, according to recent research by Insider Intelligence; but retailers will need to adapt to changes in how consumers shop.
First, holiday shopping is starting earlier than ever. Black Friday promotions announced in October were not uncommon last year. Consumers were also well aware of supply chain issues which forced them to order items earlier than usual.
Retailers have also learned to be more flexible over time, pivoting quickly to click-and-collect models when mid-December COVID-19 cases kept individuals from shopping in-person.
Experts forecast that retail holiday sales will rise to $1.262 trillion, which is 3.3% higher than in 2021. However, there are several factors that have the ability to alter this outlook.
- Inflation: Consumer spending strength has yet to fully comprehend the impact of inflation.
- Supply chain issues: Although the worst of the pandemic supply chain disruptions may be in the rearview mirror, there are still issues to be resolved. Each time issues crop up, they will cause problems – inventory timing, missed sales opportunities, and more.
- Start time: With the focus on purchasing items earlier than ever the last few years, there may come a time — as soon as this year — where the “holiday shopping season” never has an official start. Instead, consumers who have room to store items in their homes year-round may choose to purchase them whenever its most convenient — adding extra art supplies when back-to-school shopping, purchasing fishing and hunting equipment in May and purchasing holiday gifts whenever it is convenient, and more.
No matter what the holiday season has in store, we can help with your holiday merchandising and flexible packaging — especially your retail price tag holders.
We specialize in customization, which means we can make any of our items, retail price tag holders included, in any size from our manufacturing facility in Minnesota. No job is too big or too small!
Our Promise to You
We are industry leaders in plastics packaging and pride ourselves on being among the top custom flexible packaging manufacturers in the world. Thanks to our 40 years of experience, custom work is our specialty.
- We do all our work at our Minnesota facility, which helps us complete larger, high-capacity jobs quickly — without sacrificing quality. This also helps us avoid supply chain issues.
- We take your idea from the drawing board to production. By working with you every step of the way, we’re able to deliver items that truly reflect your brand identity. We know that your name and logo is a visual representation of your reputation. We make sure that it says the right thing about you with our custom imprinting service.
- We use our experience to create cost savings. We start with a selection of more than 5,000 dies that we have in-house — meaning you’ll never have to pay extra for customization.
If you haven’t checked out Vinyl Art recently, now’s a good time to do so. We are always excited to team up with customers early in the year to plan for holiday merchandising needs.
We’d love to connect with you!
Contact the Vinyl Art Team at 1-800-569-1304or firstname.lastname@example.org